Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:32:07 +0200
From:      Nico -telmich- Schottelius <nico-freebsd-questions@schottelius.org>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Patrik Jansson <fbsd@aleborg.se>
Subject:   Re: ACL: Default and other problems

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

Wow, sombody even reads this thread!

Wojciech Puchar [Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 07:43:47PM +0200]:
> >>posted a question about ACLs because I'm having difficulties setting up
> >>default ACLs. My question was posted 11/10 but I haven't got an answer
> >>yet.
> >
> >Looks like noone is really using ACLs (and default ACLs) on fbsd.
>=20
> classic unix uid/gid is simplest and enough for MOST (or every - i think)=
=20
> cases. it just needs to be used right

Situation:
   - git running on fbsd 5.3.
   - 4 people work on the same project
   - git is used over ssh (aka git+ssh://)
   - when new objects are created, they belong to the creating user
   - normal umask is 077 (we are all paranoid)

We want that every newly created file and directory is modifyable
by any user of the 'git' group.

Now I am interested on how you would solve this problem with standard
Unix-Ids without using external tools (like callin chown/chgrp/chmod
each update).

Sincerly

Nico

--=20
``...if there's one thing about Linux users, they're do-ers, not whiners.''
(A quotation of Andy Patrizio I completely agree with)

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--