Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 07:53:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      Daniel Baker <dbaker@cocoa.ops.neosoft.com>
To:        Krzysztof Cegielski <CEG@merc.pb.bielsko.pl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm new in X ...

On Thu, 21 Mar 1996, Krzysztof Cegielski wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new X-Windows user and i have few questions:
>
>   - How change view of X-Windows windows (borders, colors, etc.) ?
Uhh, I believe that's in your .xsession or .Xdefaults

>   - Is something like Desktop in Windows 95 or OS/2 in X-Windows
> with icons, documents, and folders on it ?
I believe there's a port/package you can install that has a file
manager or something.

>   - Is it possible to put picture on desktop' background ?
I'm not sure about other programs or commands, but the 'xv' port
can do it.

>   - Where can I find some books about X-Windows ? (f.e. User Guide or
> something like this)

I think there's a Teach Yourrself... XWINDOWS book.

>   - At instalation time there was prepared a 'xconfig' file.
>         What is in this file ?
>         Where it is ?
>         How to make some changes in it ?

Your configurations for monitor, video card, etc.

Probably in your homedir, /etc, or /usr/X11R6/lib

> Please Help !!!
:-)

Daniel

>       /^\  *            ===================================
>      / * \  *             TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF LODZ     *  *
>     / * * \ * **               BIELSKO-BIALA BRANCH           *   **
>    \  * *  /                    Krzysztof Cegielski              *  *
>     /'''''\             email: cegielski@merc.pb.bielsko.pl        *

     Daniel Baker - Daniel@Cuckoo.COM
"Uhhhhhhh, thank you, drive through please"