Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:07:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jkh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   If sysinstall is used after boot to partition, ad0 and wd0 appear

If I run /stand/sysinstall after finishing the install and logging in as
root, both ad0 and wd0 appear in the devices menu if I choose Custom ->
Partition.  This is potentially quite confusing, and given that our
recommended path for post-install disk management is /stand/sysinstall.
This appears to be the case because we continue to create all wd* devices
as well as ad* devices in /dev by default.