Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 10:45:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Goerzen <goerzenj@complete.org>
To:        Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
Cc:        John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (fwd) C++ Docs?

On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Dave Andersen wrote:

> Lo and behold, John Goerzen once said:
>
> > I am programming C++ under FreeBSD.  The language reference for C is all
> > nicely in the man pages.  However, I can't find _anything_ about C++ (except
> > the gcc page, which is not what I want).
> >
> > Somebody on IRC suggested to look in the GNU Info files, but I didn't find
> > anything there.
> >
> > What I'm looking for is language syntax, library reference, etc.
>
>   1 - buy a C++ book. :-)

Well, I took a class in C++ last summer (still have the textbook), but am
only now getting into actively programming with C++.  Some things have,
of course, slipped my mind.  I login from lots of places -- home, school,
work, etc. and would rather have an online reference of the kind that
there is with C.

>   2 - read the header files in /usr/include/g++
>
>   (Unless I'm missing some man pages that someone has miraculously found)

Well, header files can maybe explain syntax, but they rarely do a good
job of explaining how to use the function or whatever..

I did find a GNUinfo file on IOStream.

BTW, what's the deal with gcc capitalizing stuff that isn't capitol in
Borland or Watcom compilers?