Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 2015 08:30:06 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-git@freebsd.org, freebsd-current Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Merging GitHub Pull Requests into Subversion using git-svn

On 23 Apr 2015, at 00:12, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> While not as smooth as clicking a merge button in GitHub,
> this is a valid way to accept patches submitted via GitHub pull =
requests,
> and integrate them in our FreeBSD Subversion repo.

The merge button on GitHub does the wrong thing anyway (merges without =
fast-forward, so you end up with a tangled history), so (after the =
initial setup) the steps that I use for merging pull requests from =
GitHub projects are very similar (locally pull the branch with =
fast-fordward, test, push). =20

David=