Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:49:40 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Could any port be sucking up bandwidth?

Guys,

Before the 11th of January I was streaming both audio and video
streams with little to zero wait time.  In other words, I could
stream about 50 minutes of audio with only a second or two of pause
time delay [[AKA congestion]].  After that date there was a steep
decline in streaming performance and I went at upgrading my server
with a vengeance to see if that fixed things.  Upgrading my 700
ports only led to other things breaking.  I am wondering if anyone
else in North America has a DSL connection and has seen the kind of
degradation in performance after doing (something) to their FreeBSD
servers.

I have around 1Mb down and 864Kb up ... according to the telco.
Any ideas will be much appreciated.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org