Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 10:38:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Jt <hometeam@techpower.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio driver

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Jt wrote:

> Yeah I was trying for the 230000 I am isdn that was the whole
> purpose of the 16650 to increase thoughput.
> jkh mention that freebsd could handle 230 no problem just the 115000
> 16550 was the restriction. it runs in windows 95 fine on the 230000
> settings. If I where able to get no speed change I would stay at
> 115000. Are you also isdn?

A you COULD fix it by recompiling the kernel with the HZ value set to 200
intead of 100. or you could do what we did which is to get a uart with 32
byte fifo's instead of 16.

the trouble is that the serial devices are not REALLY
interrupt driven, but run by the clock (it's a long story).

16 bytes at 230K is < 10mSec (the Hz ia 100Hz)

julian