Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 12:58:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with "make release"

Brian Somers wrote in list.freebsd-stable:
 > Have you got a couple of vn devices configured ?  I have no idea
 > why miniperl is complaining, but vn's are required to build the boot
 > floppies etc.

Yes, I have 16 (!) vn devices configured.

This doesn't look like a problem with vn devices anyway,
because it's not yet trying to build any floppies or CDs, as
far as I can tell.

It seems to be in the midst of building perl.  The strange
thing is that perl is also built during a "make buildworld",
which works fine without any problems.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)