Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 23:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ali Lomonaco <ali@axis.axisnet.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Dist Lib Prob??

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Ali Lomonaco wrote:

> 	While playing with xcalc I received a message on the console where
> I started X. It said that it was expecting something.so.6.1 but its not
> present so its using something.so.6.0.  This was on a 2.1.5 box that had X
> installed during the initial install.  I later downloaded XFree86 3.1.2E
> and no longer had the problem because those libs existed.  What is the
> prob witht he default X dist?

It's old.  You were probably using the 3.1.2S (release) libs, and the
beta's have upped the minor version number on the various X libs (Xaw,
Xlib, etc).  ld just makes the mention that the versions are off in case
you're interested.  It doesn't appear to have any effect though, and if
you pull down the libs from 3.1.2E (beta) that should fix it.