Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 13:10:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), dg@root.com, darrend@novell.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux 96 (my impressions) - Reply

> The point is that it is wrong to fault Theo for not taking on the task
> of putting it in a form suitable to pass the NetBSD and FreeBSD "not
> invented here" rejection filters.

Theo's current statement
I've fixed a *huge* security bug, but I'm not telling you what it is:

vs.
I've fixed a *huge* security bug in rdist.
Or
I've fixed a *huge* security hole in the kernel involving the setuid()
function call.

Remember what you've fixed in *NOT* that hard, and since he went to the
trouble to check if FreeBSD had the fix, it's evidently more of a 'nyah,
nyah, I've got a fix that you don't' attitude then one of "I'm
overworked and don't remember."

Nate