Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:14:00 -0600
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        Wayne Sierke <ws@au.dyndns.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading xorg 6.9 to 7.3 -- what happened to xorg-upgrade?

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 02:40:44PM +1030, Wayne Sierke wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 21:26 -0600, Bob Willcox wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 01:30:23AM +0100, Operator wrote:

> > > /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/mergebase.sh
> >
> > Is mergebase.sh a replacement for xorg-upgrade?
> >

> Bob,
>
> Re-read the previous replies and re-read man script(1) paying careful
> attention to the syntax of the (optional) arguments. xorg-upgrade is the
> name of the output file that script(1) will write to (i.e. name it
> anything you want, how about xorg-upgrade.log). xorg-upgrade is merely a
> suggested name for it.
>
> The wording of the /usr/ports/UPDATING entry can be misleading if you
> read it quickly and make what appears to be a reasonable assumption
> about how script(1) is used, viz. "run the xorg 7.2 upgrade inside a
> script(1) session." followed by the "# script xorg-upgrade" example.

Ok, my dumb mistake...of course you guys are all right! I've been pretty
sick is my only (lame) excuse, and it must be effecting my ablity to
think. :)

Thanks and I apologize for all the noise.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox                      A lack of planning on your part does
bob@immure.com                   not constitute an emergency on my part.