Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:38:43 +0100
From:      "Coke" <coke@aon.at>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Starting mysqld as background daemon on startup

Hi

I installed the MySQL-Server and put the following line to /etc/rc.local :
(I needed to create the file)
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local --datadir=/usr/local/var --us
er=root

This line is working well but the sh-processes which load the /etc/rc and
the /etc/rc.local files on startup are in the memory in the whole up-time of
the machine. The autoboot script also stops execution with the rc.local
script so the next autoloads aren't executed.

So I want to load the mysqld as a background daemon... but I don't know how
to do that. I know that there is a /usr/local/bin/daemon command but this is
not installed on my machine... Is there another way to load that process in
the background?
btw
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr/local --datadir=/usr/local/var --us
er=root &
doesn't work either.

Please help me out!

Thank you very much :)