Date:      Wed, 29 May 2013 15:35:17 +0200
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo.veraldi@gmail.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: disk block failing on root disk on sun blade 1000

On 5/24/13 9:22 PM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As fddi wrote:
>
>> so my question is how can I backup the rootfs and restore it with its
>> boot block when I replace the root disk partition with a brand new disk ?
> sunlabel da0 > /tmp/label
> sunlabel -Bw da1 /tmp/label
>
> should work, IMHO.
>
> Afterwards, create and mount the filesystem, and dump | restore.
Hello,
I could be succesful copying the damage disk content to a new disk with

dd bs=512 conf=noerror,sync if=/dev/da6 of=/dev/da5

da5 is the new disk and it is an extarnal cabinet disc 80 PIN SCSI SCA

then I did

sunlabel da6 > /tmp/label
sunlabel -R da5 /tmp/label

everything went perfect.

I took the new disk out form cabinet and I open my Sun Blade 1000 to
replace the boot disk...
what a surprise!!!

the 80 PIN SCA interface won't fit in the internal socket!!

the inside boot disk socket is different I do not know even the name of
the socket SCSI  interface...

what kind of SCSI disk should I look for to replace the internal sun
blade 1000 disks ?

thank you very much

Rick