Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:07:20 +0200
From:      Bradley T Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org, acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updated ec-burst.diff patch

> On my aging fujistu-siemens E-series p2-366, this patch works just
> fine. I was previously getting tons of errors from the acpi_thermal
> thread, similar to other reports i have seen.  with this, no errors
> occur, and things like screen blanking and disk spindown actually
> work :)

I forgot to include the dmesg output:

acpi_ec0: <embedded controller> port 0x66,0x62 on acpi0
EC Waited max 149 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 266 cycles, event occurred

acpi_ec0: <embedded controller> port 0x66,0x62 on acpi0
EC Waited max 6 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 15 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 30 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 105 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 136 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 137 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 146 cycles, event occurred
EC Waited max 269 cycles, event occurred

Bradley T. Hughes - bhughes at trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway