Date:      Wed, 26 May 2010 11:21:12 -0700
From:      Matthew Jacob <mj@feral.com>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: patches for CAM SCSI probing, etc.

Okay, I see your point.

I would assert that for SCSI there should only be one probe active at
any time for any given nexus *or* I should adopt your approach and
restart the state machine if additional commands show up.

It's also true that scans ought to be limited from user space. There's
nothing to stop one from running 1000 camcontrol rescans from user
space, and that effectively hangs the system as it's spending all of its
time running stuff for them, so I might put a bit of serialization in here.

Thoughts?