Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:18:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        rob@pythonemproject.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bizarre hanging at root mount

In message: <3C8E9D6C.CAEFB922@pythonemproject.com>
            rob <rob@pythonemproject.com> writes:
: I have a Sony Vaio FX290.
:
: I know that hanging at the root mount in not uncommon.  What is bizarre
: is that my laptop was running -stable and a make world was done not too
: long ago.  It never hung.  Then I crashed my system (due to my own
: stupidity) and had to reinstall 4.5.  The iso disks would all hang at
: the root mount.  Then I took a freshly cvsup'd source from my other
: machine and installed it in the laptop after booting from a 4.1 iso.
: After makeworld it hung also at the root mount.
:
: I was very fortunate to find in the list archives the magic commands
: that I put into loader.conf:
:
:
: hw.pcic.intr_path=1
: hw.pcic.irq=0
:
: Now it boots OK, but I still can't figure out why I didn't need this
: before?  Rob.

In 4.3 you didn't, but 4.4 you likely did.  Maybe I introduced some
bugs.  These bridges are a big pita.

Warner