Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:06:12 -0500
From:      Michael DeMutis <maillist@2gen.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Drive not coming up

Hi there.

I'm running the 3.X stable tree.

I added another hard drive, and went to /stand/sysinstall to install the
drive.

That all worked fine, I used DiskLabel to set my mount point to /backup

It all works fine, until I reboot.  When I reboot the drive is not mounted,
and I have to use DiskLabel again in order to get the drive to show up.

I don't lose any data in the process, it's just an inconvienience.

Another thing to note is that  the drive is not listing in /etc/fstab

Here is my /etc/fstab# Device                Mountpoint      FStype
Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/da0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/da0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/da0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/da0s1e             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0

Thanks in advance.

-mike

Michael DeMutis
System's Administrator  ||  2Gen.Inc.
143 James Street South, Suite 300, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8P 3A1
email: mike@2gen.net   website: http://www.2gen.net/
Phone: 905-308-9155   Fax: 905-308-9519   ICQ UIN: 1257176
"Merging Media & Idea To Bring Internet Exposure to Innovative Businesses"