Date:      Wed, 24 May 2006 19:17:22 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   jdk15 @ amd64 slower and less stable than jdk15 @ i386

Hi,

My experience is that jdk15 is slower and less stable on amd64 than on
i386. Hence a couple of questions:

1. What timeline can I expect for the effort of getting diablo working on
amd64? Is it reasonable to deploy systems on amd64 now and hoping that soon
they will work faster and more reliable?

2. Is it possible to update the jdk15 port to use newer Sun code, as
discussed by "Arne H. Juul" <arnej@pvv.ntnu.no> around May 4 on this list?
That discussion died with comments that there was more to do in order to
really get it right?

Thanks for the wonderful effort you all make in getting Java to FreeBSD :)

Palle

PS. If you need crash dumps for jdk15 @ amd64, I can supply them, but
that's not the point of this email, really. I'd like to know the planned
time line. DS