Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:44:36 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@clicknet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WABI for Linux and FreeBSD. RPM Packages?

Sean J. Schluntz wrote:

> Do we know what is missing in our emulation?  Perhaps this is something
> I can take a shot at. No I have not tried running wine, I need to look
> through the man pages on that but had not luck even getting notepad.exe
> to run under it. I don't have Willows.

USER_LDT  I mentioned wine and Willows because they both use it: If you
can run them (emulated I mean) there is a chance WABI may run. There wer
also some procfs issues, but I don't know if that was solved.

> > No big deal, in any case WABI won't run win32 stuff.
>
> I know it does not run win32, that's not what I need.  There are two
> things I wan to run under it, the 16 bit WinNT domain utilities and
> Stars! the game (I know, I know, but it's a great game we are playing
> here at the office)

Wine ran (more or less) M$-word and Excel plus some other games last
time I tried it. I had win 3.1 installed on a different partition.
Willows is said to be better (it doesn't require win), but it hasn't
been ported to any BSD.

good luck,

	Pedro.