Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:51:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alec Kloss <alec@d2si.com>
To:        lsmarso@panix.com (Larry S. Marso)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reprogramming "win95" key

Larry S. Marso said:

> How do I reprogram a Windows95 key on my laptop to act as the Cntrl key?
>
> --
> Larry S. Marso
> lsmarso@panix.com

I'll assume that you are running X.

You'll have to figure out what it's keycode is.  Use xev(1) to find
out.  Run xev and tap the key.  You should get about four lines of
text including what the keycode is.  Then, try
        xmodmap - << DONE
          keycode xxx = Control_L
          add control = Control_L
          DONE

Where xxx is the keycode.  If the key is on the right hand side of the
keyboard, you should probably use Control_R instead of Control_L.  All
the other Control keys should still work.