Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 19:17:37 -0700
From:      jehova <tornadox@telnor.net>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: apache could not be started

thanks for your replay:+)

#On Monday 27 May 2002 18:13, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:51:58PM -0700, jehova wrote:
> > hi,
> > i have a localhost misconfiguration that in my stand alone
> > machine (no LAN and only ppp working connection to  ISP)
> > almost don't make troubles, but if i  want to run apache
> > for my own machine (localhost, no web) apache startup says:
> >
> > httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain
> > name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
> > /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> Add your hostname to /etc/hosts.

 still not working here this is /etc/hosts file contents:
127.0.0.1 localhost kris.com

if something is wrong, please let me know about this file.
same message apears and don't start if there is no ppp connection.
any Idea?
    tornadox@telnor.net                  _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |  |
           "Extracting Wisdom from Sinful...                ()
           ...Searching State of Purity."