Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Todd Backman <todd@wank.necropolis.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Amanda and sidewinder 200

Greetings!

Sorry to bother you but I am in a bind. I have been tasked with setting up
a sidewinder 200 with FreeBSD 3.2R and am having a difficult time getting
past the configure part (spending a lot of time *trying* to figure out the
values I should input for my changer, etc...) I was wondering I you could
give me some pointers in regards to setting up Amanda?

my dmesg for the sidewinder:

sa0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
sa0: <SEAGATE AIT-LDR L1j8> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
sa0: 20.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 8, 16bit)

ch0 at ahc0 bus 0 target 5 lun 1
ch0: <SEAGATE AIT-LDR L1j8> Removable Changer SCSI-2 device
ch0: 20.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 8, 16bit)
ch0: 4 slots, 1 drive, 1 picker, 0 portals

Questions:

For:

DEFAULT_CHANGER_DEVICE = ?????

Should I input: chg-scsi or chg-chio (what relation does ch0 have to
this?) or should this be /dev/ch0 ?

DEFAULT_RAW_TAPE_DEVICE = /dev/null

What should I input here?

DEFAULT_TAPE_DEVICE = /dev/nrsa0

Is this correct?

BTW...I have read the docs and am in an infinite loop ;^)...(drooling)

Thanks for your time.

- Todd