Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:19:15 +0200
From:      Oliver Fuchs <oliverfuchs@onlinehome.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to update binary-files?

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, vasilkin@spb.mts.ru wrote:

> Hello Oliver,
>
> Try:
>  # cd /cdrom/base; ./install.sh
>  # cd /cdrom/ports; ./install.sh
>     and so on.
>
> Read "INSTALL.HTM->2 Distribution Format" on the CD.

Yes but I do not want to upgrade the base system but instead the
non-base-system binaries that came along on 4 CDS (and the have not been on
the first or the second - the Live-System - CD).

For example I have installed a binary from the 6th CD called
FreeBSD_for_newbies_1.0. Now I want to upgrade to a new version
FreeBSD_for_newbies_2.0 withou doing pkg_delete and pkg_add. Isn't there a
possibility like pkg_update that can do an automatic upgrade of binary
files?

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit