Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:42:25 -0400
From:      Mike Jennings <jennings@post.kosone.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   adaptec

Hi,
I just finally received the "FreeBSD Handbook" all 1500 + pages. Not cheap
either, in Canada we are paying
over $100.00 dollars for this book. It comes with 4 cd's containing FreeBSD
3.1 version.

The installation went great, installed the complete version onto a P233,
2.5 Gb EIDE HD, S3 video card and last but not least is the Adaptec 1520
connecting a HP 2Gb 35470A DAT tape backup.

My question, read the book and followed the Kernel howto section. Adjusted
the GENERIC file and added the
aic0 controller  subsection.
When it comes to "make depend" it fails looking for the aic0.h file . It
could not find the files or directories associated with this card? I did
install everything (programs) and for the sources I included:
						a. headers
						b. kernel source
						c. base

Did I miss anything?
I require the DAT drive to work, I got tired of replacing everything so
hence I found and bought it. It does work under Linux and NT so I know it
is operational.

Please tell me I goofed on the software source install or something . I
don't relish wasting over $100.00 CDN on software which I cannot use?

Thanks  Mike Jennings