Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:43:50 -0500
From:      Kris Maglione <bsdaemon@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ath driver transmit power?

--------------enig510AA1A18DE1B375E1056C84

Brooks Davis wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 09:18:02PM +0000, Kris Maglione wrote:
>

>>Sorry, the problem turned out to be a bad ethernet cable.
>>
>>Slightly off-topic, but does anyone if/when the native ath driver will
>>support turbo modes (mainly for 11a, since both my card and my driver
>>support it.). With turbo mode, this thing can go faster than my
>>hard-wired ethernet, even through a wall with 11a.
>>

>Sam is working on this.  It will most likely be supported in 6.0.  It
>will not be supported in 5.x because the API/ABI changes are too great
>to merge to a stable branch.
>
>-- Brooks

Ok, thanks. I can live with running 6.0 on my laptop.

I changed my mind about the transmit power again, though. The windows
driver consistently has a higher data rate (54Mbps when bsd has 18Mbps,
ignoring turbo mode), and it works through walls, where the freebsd
driver doesn't. I guess I might as well /try/ the ndisulator. It can't
hurt, except to hard hand my laptop, I guess.