Date:      Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:31:13 -0700
From:      Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com>
To:        Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WiFi 802.11b or g setup

Somehow or someway, my approach to this problem is completely wrong.
Using the various network connection programs, all respond that there is
no network connector attached.

I put FBSD (for a day) on this box a couple of months ago. The light on
the PCMCIA WiFi card did come on then. (Linksys card.) But a network
scan still said that there was no network connector attached or present.
This time, the light doesn't even come on. I'm beginning to think that
the SSH program is a problem source. But I'm am also sure that I am
approaching this wrong  and need some direction. (I've tried all of the
options in the sysinstall network menu.)

(100% of my Internet connection is through WiFi services. I travel all
year long. When I sometimes go home to Wyoming, my cell phone normally
doesn't work there. No phone lines. A wind generator and a gas generator
for electricity. Snow gets over 10 feet deep during a normal winter.
Travel in the winter is by snowmobile. Antelope, moose, and elk get in
my way during the day and wake me up in the night. Usually I don't want
to leave there...)

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590