Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:43:18 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>
To:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/palm/pilot-link Makefile

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 06:28:10PM +0900, Akinori MUSHA wrote:
> knu@archon[2]% uname -a
> FreeBSD archon.local.idaemons.org 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Feb 14 16:49:24 JST 2001     root@archon.local.idaemons.org:/villa/work/obj/freebsd/src/usr/local/src/sys/ARCHON  i386
> knu@archon[2]% gcc --version
> 2.95.3

...snip..

> On the other hand, on another box it goes fine:
> knu@daemon[1]% uname -a
> FreeBSD daemon.local.idaemons.org 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Wed Jan 31 16:01:53 JST 2001     root@daemon.local.idaemons.org:/var/work/world/usr/src/sys/DAEMON  i386
> knu@daemon[1]% gcc --version
> 2.95.2

I could **REALLY** use help from someone to pin point the problem.  I
just found out, I have very,very limited time to get needed FreeBSD
changes into GCC 3.0, Binutils 2.11, and the way over-due 2.95.3.

To test this, either compile and install the 2.95.3-test1 compiler on an
updated RELENG_4 using the -CURRENT sources (just change
/usr/src/contrib/gcc.295/config/freebsd.h to make __FreeBSD__=4 rather
than "5".

And/Or on a 5-CURRENT box showing the problem, back out the 2.95.3-test1
compiler by:

    cd /usr/src/contrib/gcc.295
    cvs up -rBEFORE_GCC_2_95_3
    cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc
    cvs up -rBEFORE_GCC_2_95_3
    make cleandir && make cleandir && make obj && make all install

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX