Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:43:29 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Chris Landauer <cal@rush.aero.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8 boot still wants sysinstall - answered

Chris Landauer wrote:

> I recently asked why the sysinstall menu came up when i booted 2.2.8,
> and i now see in my kernel configuration file that i enabled
>         USERCONFIG_BOOT
>
> which i presume causes exactly that behavior

No. USERCONFIG_BOOT causes the kernel to read /kernel.config at boot
time, and execute any commands in there as if you had done ``boot -c''
and typed them manually. It even echoes them to the screen the way you
would type them in. You could check if there is anything in
/kernel.config (I don't know if there is a boot option to start
sysinstall).