Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:42:55 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eirik_=D8verby?= <ltning@anduin.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sparc64

Hi all,

an old boring question coming up again...

For various reasons we have some interest in getting Java running on
FreeBSD-SPARC64. Also, the sun4v platform is of interest, but
currently mostly academic such as the FreeBSD port to sun4v isn't
useful at this stage.

We are using FreeBSD on a load of old SUN servers that their owners
can't or won't dispose of. Having Java available would make these
systems even more useful, and might bring in more business for us.

So, put plainly, what kind of man-hours are we talking about to bring
Java 1.5 to fbsd-sparc64? And what kind of money/support/inspiration
would be needed to make this a priority?

Thanks,
/Eirik