Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:17:01 -0500
From:      Dan <dan-freebsd-questions@ourbrains.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Asus eeepc, Freebsd-head, problem with ath/wifi driver

Ole Vole(subbsd@gmail.com)@2008.11.20 22:08:41 +0300:
> Hello maillist!
>
> Also, trying to test http://people.freebsd.org/~sam/ath_hal-20081028.tgz
>

> but ifconfig show only LAN ale0 Ethernet interface.
>
> On the list pciconf i see "Ralink Technology, Corp" devices but iy without
> drivers.

You have a different, more expensive model. Atheros is in HA (the one I
have), you have the 802n ralink chipset. I got my atheros working by
pulling current ath driver from the svn. Do the same for ralink.

svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/ral

put the directory in /usr/src/sys/dev/ral (replace the original). And
rebuild your curnel.

I have issues with sound - it does not support software jack detection,
so using headphones means the speakers are still on :(.