Date:      Fri, 16 May 2008 00:13:19 -0700
From:      "Rob Lytle" <jan6146@gmail.com>
To:        "Jeremy Chadwick" <koitsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   just one last question about /etc/rc.d file permissions

Hi Jeremy,

I noticed that most all of the files in my old /etc/rc.d had 555
permissions.  There were 4 or 5 that had 644 permissions in my old
/etc/rc.d.  What I am wondering is if all the files in rc.d should be
555?  So far I am not experiencing any problems with anything with a
very few 644 files.

Thanks,  Rob.