Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:06:13 -0500
From:      Brian Gregor <bgregor@buphy.bu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CVSup problem

When trying to run cvsup on my new FreeBSD install, I get the error
message: "Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its hostname
correct?"

I am behind an IP masquerading Linux box, with an IP address of
the form 192.168.1.x.  This address and my computer's hostname
are in the /etc/hosts file and /etc/host.conf defaults first to
this file for name lookups.  I can ping, telnet, etc. my computer, using
the name qubit or qubit.bkgregor.com but cvsup for some reason appears
unwilling to read the /etc/hosts file!?!

Here is my hosts file:

127.0.0.1	localhost
192.168.1.4	qubit.bkgregor.com qubit # Internal IP network hostname

Host.conf file:

hosts
bind

Any thoughts on how to get this to work?  It SHOULD work fine as
it is configured!

Thanks!

Brian