Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:10:18 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world in 2.2.5(*) fails on 2.2.2 release (from CD) machine

OK I found qhat it is..
Jordan did a 'hack' on newvers.sh for th erelease,
so when you upgrade, you get a CVS conflict.
As 2.2.2 is out hte door there is nothing we can do about this.

I assume, Jordan that when you take the 2.2.5 snapshot, you'll
temporarily check in a version of newvers.sh that says 2.2.5?
so that it is not a 'modified' file in the tree?

sorry for the alarm, but with 4 days to go I though it was
a bad thing to happen.

(I'm trying to build a fresh 2.2.5(*) tree to test the appletalk
problem)

julian