Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:08:22 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Shan-Min Chao <shanmin@ucla.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAT32 Support

Shan-Min Chao wrote:

> Hello all,
>     You have probably all answered this question a million times, but I
> never knew the answer to this:  Can FreeBSD read FAT32 partitions?  I have a
> dual Win98/FreeBSD boot system, and would like to trade files w/ the two
> OSes.  If FreeBSD doesn't support FAT32, is there any program that allows it
> to?  Please respond.  Thank you.
Hi
  Yes we did :-)
  This is why I think it would be a great idea to add it in the FAQ.
  Hey guys from the doc, how could I submit something like:
---------
Q: Can FreeBSD read FAT32 partitions?
A: Yes it can, the 2.2.7 and 3.x versions of the FreeBSD Operating
System support it.
Assuming that wd0s1 is your first FAT32 partitions, you can execute the
mount command has root:
"# mkdir /dos"
"# chmod 770 /dos"
"# mount -v -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos"
or read only:
"# mount -rv -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dos"
or add it in the /etc/fstab file:
"/dev/wd0s1              /dos            msdos   rw              0
0"
or read only:
 "/dev/wd0s1              /dos            msdos   ro
0       0"

WARNING: this text may have some error in it.
---------
Tank you,
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/]