Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:11:33 -0500
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@ds.net>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ernst_Klee=DFen?= <Kleessen@eok.b.uunet.de>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.4

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 09:39:03PM +0100, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> "Crist J. Clark" wrote:

> > > Sig11 is generally a sign of faulty hardware, generally RAM.  Is your
> > > machine overclocked?  Is the RAM overclocked or at the proper voltage?
> > > You can check out the Sig11 FAQ here:
> > > http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/faqs/GCC-SIG11-FAQ for more
> > > information.
> >
> > Generally good information, but not in this case.
> >
> > See,
> >
> >    http://www.freebsd.org/releases/3.4R/errata.html
> >
> > For a description of the problem and the workarounds.
>
> Crist,
>
> Where should I look?
>
> Ernst
> (BTW: I'm not the Ernst that asked this question :-) )

C'mon... It's the first item,

As shipped, the "Custom" installation option in 3.4 is broken
and menu items like Configure don't work

Fix: Both the "Novice" and "Express" install paths still work and
     can be used just as effectively (if not succinctly).  Alternately,
     you can invoke the custom installation from the "Index" menu
     (Installation, Custom) along with the Configuration option.  You
     can also just download a fixed mfsroot.flp floppy image (or boot.flp
     if you need 2.88MB boot media) from the following URL:

  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/floppies/updates/

     The 3.4 ISO installation image is also updated to contain fixes
     for all these errata items.