Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:06:56 -0500
From:      Michael E Mercer <mmercer@nc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   three questions regarding hard drives...

Hello all,

I am thinking of buying an 80 G HD to replace the two 8 G HDs that
I am using for Freebsd.

First question: Is 80 too big for FreeBSD? Should I use a smaller HD? What is
the maximum
size for a HD that FreeBSD can use? OK OK, three questions in one, but anyone
that has taken
a physics test should be used to this. :P

Second question: What is your recommendation for partitioning? I know this is
entirely
a personal opinion, however maybe things have changed since I last setup my
current system.

Third question: How do I migrate all the data from my two Hard Drives to the
one? I am sure
I could find this information on the web, but thought I would take a chance and
ask anyway.

Thanks
Michael Mercer