Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 19:31:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Improvements for FreeBSD v4.3.1-Release?

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Juha Saarinen wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Kenneth Mays wrote:
>
> > 2. Journalling FS (what's the best one out there?)
>
> XFS from SGI seems pretty good, and the guys could do with some support
> and recognition -- http://oss.sgi.com

    I'll have to take a look.

    I just set up a "transmeta" device under Solaris to journal a UFS
filesystem that I set up on a RAID5 device.  We'll have to see how
that goes.

    FWIW, Solaris 8 appears to have a journaling option for UFS
itself.

    (Not trumpeting Solaris, just offering a different perspective
from which someone might draw a useful idea.)

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer                   (Remove "bogus" before responding.)