Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:31:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com
Cc:        dws@denverweb.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bantering (Was: Re: HEADS UP! MFC's)

On 28 Oct, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>> He only needed a 3 word answer.       Merged From Current.
>
> And if people aren't educated as to the correct mailing lists for
> certain types of content (which the charters try to clarify but most
> people don't read anyway) or pointed at more general documentation
> which covers their question and a lot more, they won't learn as much
> as they need to learn and will continue to post first and research
> second.  Chris's answer was actually perfect and needed no criticism
> from you.

Jordan,

I disagree on all points, but unfortunaly I don't see a mailing list
that says 'argue-when-someone-is-yanking-you'. Nor do I see the
other points purported in your response. If there is clarity to
your points (in any written documentation), it escapes what
might be consider a resonable environment. Further, your
reasoning, while superior in many circumstances, fails me.

I'm looking for reaons to not argue, but Low-and-behold your
usual graciousness and thoughtfulness - seems to have taken flight.
Is my imagination running wild? Or is a simple question about
a three-letter-acronym about to turn into a four-letter flame
war.

So, rather that start a three-letter-acronym fight, or a
four-letter-flame war, I beg your indulgence in my ignorance.
Further, might I suggest a FAQ per mailing-list. Also,
should I suggest a rewrite of the "Welcome Message".
And lastly, might a recommened a writer that writes in short
declarative sentences. Rather than log rambling diatribe.

These may sound like a persecution(sp?) of the mailing-list
system, but I'm left to wonder where civility has gone
when asking a simple question requires pre-facto education.

At this point my mind is numb(sp?) considering that
I'm writing this, rather than saying thank you to the
person who told what MFC or even the person (with some
impoliteness pointed out the FAQ - which I did read).

So as a point, or reason, let me point out:
The FAQ has 13 Chapters, 249 sections
and over a 100 links.

chap - sections/questions
 1 - 30