Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:51:04 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Devops question: unattended installs of FreeBSD?

Hi!

> I had a devops person who is familiar with setting up hundreds of
> Linux nodes in cloud environment ask me what is the best way
> to do unattended installs in a cloud environment.

Are the nodes with local disks or is storage coming from some iSCSI etc ?

What cloud is it ?

Depending on the storage behind the cloud, I'd just un-tar
a prepared filesystem image onto the network storage in question, add some
/etc/rc.conf file to it and there you go ?

[Note: I have *not* done this myself, just guessing]

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !