Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 08:30:02 -0500
From:      Marie-Josee Blais <mjblais@miranda.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trouble with FreeBSD 2.2 (Hard disk or controller)

Hi,
My FreeBSD server seems to be thrashing my hard disk bit per bit.

Once in a while I get messages telling me that a certain file on my system
has bad data.
Most of the time I don't use those files so I erase them.

Here is an example of the messages returned by my system:

checking setuid files and devices:
find: /usr/ports/news/nntpcache/patches/patch-aa: Bad file descriptor

Is there a way for me to check if my hard disk is the problem or my
controller or maybe FreeBSD itself.

I've checked the ports collection and did not find anything that seemed
suitable.

 ________________________/ Technologies Miranda Inc. \
/ Marie-Josee Blais      \ TEL:(514)333-1772         |
| mjblais@miranda.com    | FAX:(514)333-9828         |
| Network Administrator  |
| Administratrice Reseau |