Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:14:50 -0500
From:      "Stephen Hilton" <stephen@shepherdbusinessgroup.com>
To:        "Freebsd Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Aide 0.7 port problem on snapshot 4.4-20011010-STABLE

> In message <KPEMJADBBBFPDEDOIOMBKEOPDCAA.nospam@hiltonbsd.com>,
> "Stephen Hilton
> " writes:
> > On a fresh install of FreeBSD snapshot 4.4-20011010-STABLE the
> first port I
> > tried to build is Aide 0.7, bison, mhash, gettext,
> gettext-devel, autoconf,
> > all installed O.K. but aide fails to compile on the file
> > /usr/ports/security/aide/work/aide-0.7/src/conf_yacc.h line 1.

Cy Schubert replies
> Put the attached file into the files directory of the bison port,
> deinstall/build/install the bison port, then build/install aide.
>
> I've sent this patch to the maintainer of the bison port along with
> confirmation from one happy aide user that the patch fixed his problem,
> however I've received no reply.  I suppose I should submit a PR.
> Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
> Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
> Open Systems Group, ITSD
> Ministry of Management Services
> Province of BC

The bison patch fixed the problem. The aide 0.7 port compiled with no errors
and is running fine.

Thanks again,

Stephen Hilton
nospam@hiltonbsd.com

P.S my cc's to you continue to bounce

  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>:
    host point.osg.gov.bc.ca [142.32.102.44]:
    550 Email from spam site refused