Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2014 20:54:07 +0300
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD ARM <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RFT: Please help testing the llvm/clang 3.5.0 import

* Dimitry Andric (dim@FreeBSD.org) wrote:

> >> We're working on updating llvm, clang and lldb to 3.5.0 in head.
> >> This is quite a big update again, and any help with testing is
> >> appreciated.
> >
> > Well, of 4 error logs from exp-run I've checked (one my port and 3
> > unmaintained ports) two had basically the same problem and it seems
> > to be libc++ related, so I ask: was new version of libc++ imported
> > along with clang/llvm?
>
> No, I really prefer to do this after the 3.5.0 import.  This is already
> a very big import job, and I'd rather like to avoid importing too many
> different components at once.
>

> > Past experience show that libc++ should be
> > updated along with clang, as it may have bugs new clang versions
> > are not tolerable to.
>
> In this case, there is a fairly simple fix:
> http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=209785
>
> I have pulled this into head in r275366, and also merged it to the
> clang350-import project branch in r275367.  Please try again after that
> revision.  It should be enough to just rebuild lib/libc++ and install
> it.

Sorry, I haven't tested the branch myself, only seen exp-run results.
Would be nice to have another exp-run.

Btw, is it possible to merge the patch into stable/10 as well?
It will make it possible to use clang35 there.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru