Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:07:20 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: blocksshd

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 03:44:17PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> The entire distribution seems to have ^M (suggesting it came from a
> different editor), FYI.
>
> I don't see mention of a table to use in the blocksshd.conf file... does
> this presume that the host system isn't using other tables?
>
> Is this being defined by:
>
> my ($exists) = system("$cfg->{pfctl} -t $cfg->{chain} -T show| grep -q
> '$IP'"); ^M
>
> $cfg->{chain}

I noticed this the other day myself.  The port needs USE_DOS2UNIX=yes in
the Makefile, which should fix the main script itself, but probably not
the configuration files.

One thing worth pondering: why on earth would a piece of software
intended solely for *IX machines have carriage returns in it?  It
doesn't give me a "good feeling" about the origins of the program...

As far as the pf tables go, out-of-the-box it doesn't use any.  See
above, re: "good feeling".

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |