Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 18:09:18 -0400
From:      "Sam Stephenson" <sstephenson@charter.net>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>, "Bob Bishop" <rb@gid.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Motif goes open source

On Monday, May 15, 2000 at 03:09a, Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> wrote:

> "The Open Group, a vendor and technology-neutral consortium dedicated to
> enterprise integration, announced today that it is releasing the source
> code of Motif, using a public license, to the Open Source community."
>
> Full details at http://www.opengroup.org/openmotif

Check out the web page:

"We want to support the momentum of Open Source operating systems such as
Linux(R) and FreeBSD by developing an Open Motif(R)..."

and

"UNIX and Motif are registered trademarks of The Open Group in the US and
other countries. The Open Group and the X Window System are trademarks of
The Open Group. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe FreeBSD is a registered trademark
of some organization -- FreeBSD, Inc., Walnut Creek, or BSDI.  Someone
should politely inform The Open Group of FreeBSD's trademark status.

--
Sam Stephenson
sstephenson@charter.net