Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:31:37 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] Mk/bsd.linux-rpm.mk: introduce some linux-f8 infrastructure

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:55:01 +0300)=
:

> I'm going to commit an attached patch. This patch is a noop for
> current ports structure (no need to ask an approval from portmgr)
> but is needed for new linux-f8 ports.

While I agree with you... does portmgr agree with you too? Sometimes =20
they have different opinions than committers about what should be =20
tested in an exp-build.

> There are two points (both taken from emulators/linux_base-f8):
> . define LINUX_OSRELEASE variable (linux-f8 packages should be
>   build with compat.linux.osrelease=3D2.6.16);

Why do you use ECHO_CMD? Is there some whitespace which needs to be deleted?

> . define MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR and MASTER_SITE_SRC_SUBDIR when
>   LINUX_DIST_VER=3D8 (no such ports ATM).

Why is there ifndef MASTER_SITES (only in the context of your patch, =20
so not really related)? Is there a difference for "?=3D" between an =20
empty MASTER_SITES and an undefined one?

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
And this is good old Boston,