Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 10:49:52 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Joe.Warner@smed.com
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, Ignacio Cristerna <ignacioc@avantel.net>
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 08:40:48AM -0600, Joe.Warner@smed.com wrote:

> a) contact editors and ask for it.  Politely.
>
> Which editors?  Could you give some examples
> of some editors/publishers of sound reputation
> that would be good to start with?

Sound reputation?  You haven't worked in publishing, have you?  :)

Seriously, I've meant to assemble a list for some time, but haven't
had the chance.  I've worked well with CMP; they do what they say, but
their pay is low and they take all rights forever (yike!).

I'd check the publishers of the Linux rags and approach them first.
Check magazines you read and enjoy, and approach them.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas
mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org