Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 02:18:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Servo <stupidservo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise/ATA-Raid making panic in -CURRENT?

> > I was in a hurry yesterday and let the kernel
> compile
> > w/o the ata driver while being under the shower.
> > Without the ata driver it does boot. Just wanted
> > let you know. I'll take the Promise out when I got
> > some more time (latest friday evening).
>
> Hmm, I need alot more info the, board chipset, what
> exact
> Promise controller etc etc, and of cause the usual
> dmesg

Here's the box:

Asus CUV4X-D mainboard, VIA 694X, dual-capable
2x P3-933, 768MB PC133 RAM in 3 DIMM(s)
Two IBM IC35L 60.1GB disks on first IDE
Pioneer DVD-A05SZ on second IDE
Two IBM IC35L 60.1GB on Promise Fasttrak TX2
(PDC20268/70) in RAID0

How do I dump the dmesg when it crashs into the
debugger?

/tso