Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:35:56 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-freebsdhackers2.e313df@mired.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: find -lname and -ilname implemented

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:03:08 -0700 (MST) "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be lame and follow up to my original email, but Ruslan was
> way too quick to give me feedback :-)
>
> I also did a few more of the really easy ones, and added a list of
> ones that we haven't implemented yet.
>
> Comments?

How about a question: why are you turning the FreeBSD find into the
GNU find? The changes in the first patch looked like they added real
functionality that wasn't available in other tools. These seem to be
gratuitous changes to make things compatible with GNU.

If I want a GNU-compatible find on FreeBSD, I can install the
misc/findutils port. If I really wanted the GNU toolset, I could run
them on a Linux kernel. However, I'm more comfortable with the Unix
toolset (which GNU, as it's own name points out, *isn't*), so the
direction taken by these patches make me more than a bit
uncomfortable.

Hence the question: why are you turning the FreeBSD find into the GNU
find?

	<mike