Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 14:08:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> I seem to recall hearing about a utility for FreeBSD to edit PnP settings
> on cards.

There is rudimentary PnP support in -current, but I don't think the
Ethernet drivers can handle it.

Does it exist and is it usable?  Here's the problem:

> I have a 3c905 card I want to use. On bootup, this from dmesg:
> vx0 <3COM 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL PCI> rev 0 int a irq 11 on pci0:4
> mii[*mii*]: disable 'auto select' with DOS util! address 00:60:08:2e:9c:b9
>
> a) is that the media type (100bT, 100b4, 10bT) on autoselect, or the
> duplex setting?
> b) I kinda need to change this since the IRQ conflicts with my vid
> card.....

Do as you're told: use the DOS card configuration utility 3c90xcfg.exe to
make the change.  this can be downloaded from 3com's site if you don't
have the disk.