Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 00:55:31 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FOLLOWING config changes? : Kernel profiling support

Ya know, I never thought about checkign /var/log/messages on mine to see
if it was, in fact, booting (I thought it was, it sounded like it was, but
I couldn't think of a way to check) ...

Using kernel sources up-to-date as of a few hours ago, I've tried to pare
my optimzatins down to a simple '-O -pipe', and I'm getting the same thing
as you, where I effectively get:

Booting kernel ...
\

on my screen, and that's the end of it.  Looking at /var/log/messages, it
looks like I am getting a full reboot happening, right down to
initializing 'vmmon', but nothing to my screen.

I've been trying to follow the -current list to see if any ideas/solutions
pop up, but the only things I've noticed so far have revolved around
optimization issues, but its more then possible that I missed a message

My last good kernel, that boot'd fine, is:

@(#)FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Jun 14 01:03:00 ADT 2000

With every other one since resulting in the above ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org